Sunday, August 9, 2009

Blogger at last?

Well, for now at least.
I blog therefore I am?
Thats taken over hasnt it? Ever noticed how social networking, blogging and online chatting has taken over our lives? The world is a very small place now. So small in fact that it fits right on the top of my beat up old desk. All I need to do is tap on the magic mouse, click on a few words and voila, I'm in a different dimension of space time. Its a magical world where I can completely be myself, or completely be someone else. Cyberspace opens up a plethora of new and exciting opportunities for me to screw up and move on without anyone ever caring. I could be whoever I want to, whatever I want to. I could be a doctor, volunteering in Africa with doctors without borders, or a dashing corporate lawyer who just doesnt have time in her busy schedule to make friends, or the sweet innocent young 12 year old who just discovered the internet and is so very new to the whole chatroom experience. I could be anything and everything I ever wanted. I guess its an escapists paradise. You can move as far away from reality as you want. In fact there is no such thing as reality when it comes to cyberspace. Maybe thats why we all love it so much. It takes you away from your life. For a little while, all the deadlines, the project schedules, the insane bosses, the crazy relationships none of it matters. For a little while you can be a fish in a spacesuit. Flitting away in your little universe where nothing exists except you, information and Orkut (or Facebook)

No comments: